Bonanza boost fuel pumps.

Ch3st3r
Charter Member

Bonanza boost fuel pumps.

Postby Ch3st3r » January 12th, 2017, 3:04 am

Howdy y'all,
My S35 has a weird acting electric fuel pump.
Starts working fine, but slow sounds like it's bogging down... if you leave it running a little while it stops (not being run dry).... it then won't run until you wait a few minutes.
Anyone ever experience this sort of thing?
Io550 nad I'm pretty certain it's the Duke pump.

Tim

Re: Bonanza boost fuel pumps.

Postby Tim » January 12th, 2017, 12:50 pm

I haven't had the exact same issue but my F33A IO520 boost pump had issues that I lived with for far too long. The engine driven pump began to have problems at the same time as the boost pump before I wized up and had them both overhauled. Without the engine driven pump the engine will fail and the boost pump is needed to get it running again.

I wouldn't wait to get your boost pump overhauled/replaced. You may need the backup and also if it fails before starting you may be stuck somewhere you don't want to be because the engine won't start.

Ch3st3r
Charter Member

Re: Bonanza boost fuel pumps.

Postby Ch3st3r » January 12th, 2017, 8:43 pm

I haven't had the exact same issue but my F33A IO520 boost pump had issues that I lived with for far too long. The engine driven pump began to have problems at the same time as the boost pump before I wized up and had them both overhauled. Without the engine driven pump the engine will fail and the boost pump is needed to get it running again.

I wouldn't wait to get your boost pump overhauled/replaced. You may need the backup and also if it fails before starting you may be stuck somewhere you don't want to be because the engine won't start.
Couldn't agree more... the replacement is with UPS now zooming here as fast as those brown trucks will go...
The plan is to yank mine, and while I still remember how everything was connected, put in the replacement.
I then plan to send mine out for overhaul/IRAN/ whatever so it can sit on a shelf until someone needs it.
Fortunately the engine driven pump hasn't given me reason to be scared about it yet, but I don't like the thought of no plan b.
Isn't that why twins are safer?
Of course all of the above will be done by or supervised by licensed and officially licensed type people's.

Return to “Beechcraft”