1. Material on Volo.aero is provided without representation or warranty as to the suitability or appropriateness of any opinion, recommendation, or suggestion contained therein. Aircraft are certified and regulated by the FAA and equivalent governmental regulating bodies around the world. Operation and modification of these aircraft, except as specifically allowed by these bodies, are not advised and potentially in violation of law. Aircraft should always be operated in accordance with the Approved Flight Manual, the manufacturer's instructions and governmental regulations. BeechTalk, LLC and/or its members do not recommend operating or altering the aircraft in any manner that deviates from the above or which could impair safety of flight. Before taking any action based upon anything contained in the above media, it is essential that you seek approval from the manufacturer, the appropriate certifying body, your A&P or CFI. The Pilot in Command is always ultimately responsible for the safe operation of any aircraft. As a user of this web site, you expressly acknowledge the above.
2. BeechTalk, LLC does not preview or approve content for posting. We accept no liability for content posted on our forums, and reserve the right to remove any content we deem to be inappropriate. Your participation also grants BeechTalk, LLC immunity from all litigation for comments made by others, which you deem to be damaging, misleading, or in any way defamatory.
3. BeechTalk, LLC ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR DIRECT DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INJURY TO PERSONS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY. THE USER OF THIS WEBSITE AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD BeechTalk, LLC AND ITS MEMBERS AND AGENTS HARMLESS FROM ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, AND EXPENSES ARISING FROM ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN.
4. Contributions on the BeechTalk, LLC forums, including (but not limited to) contributions by BeechTalk, LLC administrators, owners, operators, board members, and volunteers, are the opinion and responsibility of the individual author. No statement should be construed to be the official position of BeechTalk, LLC itself, unless explicitly stated.
5. Participants additionally agree to comply with the in-force Standard Usage Policy, which may be revised from time to time.
II. STANDARD USAGE POLICY
BeechTalk, LLC strives to provide a constructive environment for discussion of the ownership, operation, and enjoyment of aircraft, airports, and aviation-related items. Above all, we are committed to the safe operation of the same. We present information via our website and other media to promote discussion among, and for the entertainment of, our members. Naturally, we want members to find the BeechTalk, LLC forums and other media useful and enjoyable.
This policy describes a standard of behavior intended to improve the online experience for all BeechTalk, LLC members. By and large, they are based on commonsense notions of good manners and mutual respect. Naturally, we recognize that online interaction brings up unique problems, that are not typical in face to face interactions. When conflicts arise, we rely foremost on our members' goodwill and good sense to maintain decorum. The guidelines form a basis for adjudicating the more resistant issues. Keep in mind though, as with all participatory media, the ultimate nature of the online experience depends on you: Volo.aero members and contributors.
1. BeechTalk, LLC participatory media (forums, etc.) are designed for the exchange of, and the debating of ideas. Personal attacks ("flaming") are not tolerated. Personal attacks are defined as any attempt to short-circuit the debate by diverting attention to the shortcomings or attributes of the other parties in the debate rather than their arguments. We encourage you to challenge other points of view but please do so in a respectful and thoughtful manner. Think before clicking on the "Submit" button: is this something you'd say in person to a colleague?
2. Volo.aero materials are often read by families of members and mixed company. Explicit, obscene or vulgar language is not appropriate and BeechTalk, LLC may remove any material containing such language.
3. Volo.aero members must avoid posting any of the following content:
a. Salacious material - that is, material and/or pictures that are not appropriate in mixed company;
b. Religious discussion - that which goes beyond a mere indication of faith (i.e. We'll pray for you.);
c. Political discussion - that which is directed toward a particular political party, political individual, likely to lead to divisive political debate and/or controversy, etc. (however, as always, we WILL permit political discussion that is directly on point with aviation issues);
d. Personal attacks; and/or
e. Generally posting in a manner contrary to civility.
4. As a matter of policy, BeechTalk, LLC does not preview or approve member content. However, your participation grants BeechTalk, LLC the right to modify, or delete, material to conform to these guidelines. For instance, a misplaced post will be relocated to the appropriate forum without notice.
5. Member contributions are intended to be shared within BeechTalk, LLC. Do not copy, reproduce, or post them outside the BeechTalk, LLC community without express permission from the author and BeechTalk, LLC.
6. Do not publish copyrighted materials on Volo.aero unless you are the copyright holder. Examples include photographs, news articles, etc. If you don't own it, please post or embed a link to the content but do not copy or upload it.
7. By contributing material to BeechTalk, LLC, you (1) represent that the content of your post is your own material and you have the right to post it, and (2) you grant BeechTalk, LLC and its administrators and owners a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable license to use, reproduce, distribute, and display all such content in any manner it sees fit, in any media or form, including the right to edit or alter your material without limitation. For example, the material you submit may be used alone or be combined with other material and reproduced on a website, in a magazine article or in any other media. BeechTalk, LLC has no obligation to attribute the content to you in any such reproduction.
Forum Posting Best Practices
8. Use meaningful subject titles. Make it easy for readers to decide whether or not to read your post. Subjects like "Need help" or "Look at this!", or any that are intentionally vague in order to attract attention, are considered bad form.
9. Post in the appropriate forum. Read the forum descriptions and choose the forum appropriate to your topic. Posts placed in the incorrect forum may be relocated without notice. Please refer to these guidelines
for additional descriptions.
10. Avoid duplicate posts on the same issue (i.e. spamming). Post your message only once in the most appropriate forum. The desire to reach the largest possible audience is not a valid reason to clutter up the forums. Essentially duplicate posts and the associated thread may be removed without notice.
11. Use Private Messages (PM’s) for personal messages.
12. All for-sale, for-trade, or want-to-buy listing should be placed in the classified advertisement forum and should follow the specific classified advertisement rules. As a reminder, all classified advertisements must have a price in the body or subject area of the post.
13. Posting public messages and sending private messages in a commercial capacity is reserved only for BeechTalk, LLC Sponsors and Vendors. All other Volo.aero members must refrain from posting and/or sending private messages in a commercial capacity, which includes selling and/or promoting your or your company's goods or services. If you are interested in becoming a BeechTalk, LLC Sponsor or Vendor, contact us.
14. Respect the privacy of fellow members. Certain personal information is available on the online member database. Do not post additional contact or other personal information without permission. This includes information gleaned from Internet searches or aviation tracking sites.
15. When discussing public figures, e.g., actors in our ecosystem (such as CFIs, vendors or air traffic controllers,) accord them the same respect as you would a fellow Volo.aero member.
16. Forum software allows readers to flag offending posts through the "Report Abuse" function under the "Flag" button in the lower right corner of the offending post. Moderators may remove the offending language or the post or the thread containing it, inform the originator of an offending post, ask the author to delete the post, or propose another conflict resolution approach.
17. Forum moderation performed by BeechTalk, LLC is largely dependent upon member notification, and cannot be considered definitive or consistent. Prior posts that have not been deleted cannot be assumed to be in conformance with BeechTalk, LLC policy, and do not establish a precedent with respect to any moderation issue.
18. Failure to comply with the guidelines, or a recurrent pattern of offenses may result in being banned from BeechTalk, LLC.
19. All parties associated with threat and/or filing of legal action against a member of BeechTalk, LLC and/or BeechTalk, LLC may be banned from BeechTalk, LLC forums.
20. If you feel that you are being attacked or harassed, avoid retaliating, use the "Report Abuse" function and contact an administrator.
21. BeechTalk, LLC policy requires that registered users and members open or otherwise possess and/or maintain no more than one account. If a registered user or member is unable to properly log in to their account, please contact the administrators of the site via the Contact option on the main webpage for assistance.
This is the web site of BeechTalk, LLC.
Our postal address is:
PO Box 933
Franklin, TN 37065
We can be reached via e-mail or via our contact page.
Use Of Your Email Address Or Name
BeechTalk, LLC does NOT share, sell, or rent its membership mailing list, email addresses, or other information.
If you supply us with your email address you may receive email mailings from us with information on upcoming events, new products and services, and general newsletter information. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by using the unsubscribe feature at the bottom of such mailings.
Information We Collect
For each visitor to our website, our web server does not recognize information regarding the domain or e-mail address.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our website, shared with agents or contractors who assist in providing support for our internal operations, disclosed when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website.
We record and maintain your login ID and password, transaction information, and the contact information you provide (e.g., name, address, phone number, other personal information).